Hey there good lookin!
Today’s weight loss tip is one that I love and that I live by! It’s a portion control tip that’s sure to not disappoint. You’ll leave the table satisfied, satiated and full. You’ll feel great and have a rush of lasting energy that will help get you through your day. What is the mystical tip that can possibly do all this?
It’s simple. Fill 1/2 your plate with low carb veggies (sorry potatoes). Steamed, raw, sautéed, baked, stir fried, marinated, grilled…you name it, you can have it.
Veggies are oh-so-amazing for a variety of reasons. They:
1. Are chalk full of fiber (helps us feel full so we don’t overeat)
2. Are loaded with vitamins and minerals and other nutrients which our bodies can’t live without.
3. Are low in calories and fat (we can eat lots of them and not feel guilty)
4. Reduce the risk of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, cancer and obesity.
5. Increase our energy
6. Help us have healthy skin and hair
Talk about nutrition powerhouses! These little beauties are packed full of these and about a million other healthy benefits.
So, really, there’s just no excuse not to eat your veggies!
What are some of your favorite ways to eat your veggies?